Highest of highs & lowest of lows
This week has been the highest of highs.
- A wedding, with dancing and cupcakes!
- The privilege of helping a student/friend claim their place in God’s family!
- Much-needed time with some of my inner circle!
It has also featured the lowest of lows.
- Heartbreak. Which is two items because, y’know, two people. So…
- Feeling utterly responsible for the heartbreak
Somebody else posted Psalm 63 and I felt a connection to it. Verses 6-8:
On my bed I remember you;
I think of you through the watches of the night
Because you are my help,
I sing in the shadow of your wings
I cling to you;
your right hand upholds me
So, here’s to hoping that instead of lying awake in [insufficient words to describe], that God meets me there when I’m by myself. It wouldn’t hurt for Him to meet me every other time I’m alone. I have an awfully long drive back to CVille on Monday…